Gain Work Experience and Earn Money for CollegeCalling all Seniors interested in a career in Medicine!Pflugerville ISD has partnered with St. David’s North Austin Medical Center and St. David's Surgical Hospital on a work program that will allow a select few PfISD graduating seniors to work during their college career while also earning tuition reimbursement.
In order to qualify for tuition reimbursement, you must be:
Students work part-time at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center or St. David’s Surgical Hospital while attending classes at the college of your choice. (Students must attend a local college or university as this a work-study program.)
Students earn a minimum of $10.50 per hour
Students will work in an entry-level position in either the food service or housekeeping departments.
- Upon graduating:
Upon graduating, students will continue their career at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center or St. David’s Surgical Hospital for a minimum of one year in a department aligned with their degree.
Employees who work less than 8 hours in a week at any time during school semester are not eligible for reimbursement.Reimbursements are as follows for classes through accredited programs. Tuition reimbursement for employees in degree plan:
- Part-time (between 8 and 20 hours per week) employees
- Completed three full months of continuous employment
- Not under disciplinary probation
- work related
- part-time equivalent status pro-ration
- maximum of $5,250 non-taxed per calendar year
- requires 12-month commitment to St. David's Hospital for students
- Students must complete the PfISD Partnership Employment Application and submit application by March 23.
- Students must ask a teacher, counselor or other district employee to complete the Teacher Recommendation Form by March 23.
- Campuses will forward top 3 candidates to St. David's for interviews
- Attend interview with St. David's personnel