Careers in Pflugerville ISD
The mission of the Pflugerville ISD Office of Human Resources is to provide the highest level of service in recruiting, processing, and retaining a qualified and diverse staff.
Goals of HR
- Support equal employment opportunities for all.
- Be active in maintaining an employee group that is ethnically diverse.
- Continue reforming personnel processes for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
Darin Hathcock, MSL
Executive Director of Human Resources &
- Employee Relations - Central Office
- Oversight and management of all HR functions
- Supervision of all HR staff
- Employment decisions
- District staffing & compensation with CFO
- Supervisory practices (evaluation systems) / leadership development
- Student / Parent Issues
Position Management Specialist
Salaries - Inquiry and Adjustments
Employee Data Sheet
New Employees, changes to current employees and exiting employee
- Service Records for Exiting Employees
- HR Website Maintenance
- Employee Relations - Secondary
- PDAS / NIET
- Student Teachers
Application Systems Specialist
- Applitrack system - process and inquiries
- Criminal History checks
- Job Postings
- I-9 processing
Human Resources Specialist
- Employee Relations - Auxilary & Para Professional Staff
- Oversight and support for hourly employment services
- Reviews and processes requests for district records
- Assists PISD hiring officials in resolution of employee grievances
- Investigation of formal complaints
NCLB 'Highly Qualified' compliance
Assists in monitoring of staffing allocations
Supervise Application systems and New Employee Information
Monitors Student Teachers
Maintaining personnel files
Receipt of service records and transcripts
Processing of exiting employees personnel files and service records
Executive Assistant to the Board
- Facilitate Board of Trustees
- HR Budger
- Job Fairs/Recruiting Schedule
Please note: Questions regarding actual paychecks, leave issues, deductions, TRS, W-2's, W-4's, should be directed to the Payroll Department, 594-0030.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The district shall not fail or refuse to hire or discharge any individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Nor shall the district limit, segregate, or classify its employees or applicants for employment in any way that would deprive or tend to deprive an individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status as an employee because of the individual’s race, color, religion, sex or national origin.