Northwest Elementary recognizes that parents and community members are one of our strongest assets as we work together to educate the next generation of leaders.
To ensure the safety of our students, we require all volunteers to undergo a background check. The background check is repeated annually, so all volunteers must reapply each year.
In order to update your background check or to apply to be a volunteer, please follow these guidelines:
- Go to http://www.pfisd.net/domain/81
- Click on “returning volunteer” or “apply to be a volunteer.”
- If you are a returning volunteer, you will be asked for the User ID and Password you first created to be a volunteer. If you do not remember your User ID and Password, you may click on the “forgot password” link or contact Jack Fierro, application specialist, at 594-0028.
- Please note that the background check can take up to two weeks to be approved.
- Anyone who volunteers for activities off-campus (band trips, athletic events, field trips) must complete a background check as well.
When you visit Northwest Elementary, be sure to sign in at the front office and get a visitor's pass. Should you have questions about volunteering at our school please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 594-4400.