Community Service Opportunities
Join the Parmer Lane Elementary Mentor Program!
Our mentor program is the perfect way to give back to the community and help a student in need. National research shows that it is important for youth to have at least three non-parent adults whom they can trust. Without this adult support, young people are more likely to engage in risk-taking behaviors. I hope that you will consider joining the staff in this great community service opportunity. The only requirements are to spend a minimum of 30 minutes with your mentee weekly and to make every possible effort to attend our after school activities with your mentee (after school activities will be held once a month from 3:05-3:35).
Things you can do as a mentor:
- Help set goals and monitor progress
- Encourage mentee involvement in school activities and programs (Ex. Student council, job corps)
- Provide encouragement
- Co-pilot for smart choices
- Provide unconditional appreciation of uniqueness
- Navigate to find talents and self-esteem
- Be a role model for positive self-talk
- MANY MORE! 😊
If you are interested in joining us, please complete the following two steps and Mrs. Chapa will contact you as soon as possible: