Welcome to Choir!
Greetings to the Students and Parents of the Westview MS Choir Department!
How good it feels to welcome you to a new year at Westview Middle School and our choir department. You have chosen to be a part of an organization that can offer you many opportunities for growth and provide experiences in music that you will remember for a lifetime.
The choral classroom will instruct the student to:
• Describe and analyze musical sound and demonstrate musical artistry
• Perform a varied repertoire of music
• Sing individually or in groups
• Read and write music notation
• Create and arrange music within specified guidelines
• Relate music to history, society and culture
• Respond to and evaluate music and musical performances
This website is designed to introduce you to the many facets of the Westview Middle School Choir Department and to answer as many questions as possible. In an active program like this one, your cooperation helps insure a successful experience for all. We know that parental support and involvement in the choir program is the greatest asset we have
I cannot wait until our very first performance! We are a very talented group of young choral students who will have many successes this year! I look to the future to see you blossom musically!
Thank you for your interest and support of choir at Westview Middle School. We are excited to work with you and we look forward to many enriching experiences throughout this New Year.
Head Choir Director