The Weiss High School Library Learning Commons, also known as the Wolf CAVE, provides space and resources to cultivate a learner-centered, technology-rich learning community where authentic inquiry drives discovery, dialogue & growth. The CAVE is a flexible, collaborative and welcoming environment where learning and literacy is encouraged in unlimited and unimaginable forms.
Features of the CAVE
- Space and resources encouraging collaboration between teachers and students across the curriculum, enhancing inquiry and creativity.
- Room to spread out/change of scenery
- Research Guides for your projects - can be posted on Library and classroom teacher's websites for student reference
- Instruction on utilizing library resources, both print and digital
- TexQuest Research Databases, Gale Databases and Virtual Reference Library, Salem Databases
- Class set of virtual reality viewers, router and assistance in leading Google Expeditions or other virtual reality apps
- Class set of BreakoutEDU kits
- Makerspace, including 3D printer cart, electronics tinkering, crafting and other possibilities
- Desktop computers within library and in adjacent computer lab
- Google assistance--librarian is Google Certified Trainer
- Many, many brand new fiction, nonfiction titles and HUGE graphic novel collection
- Booktalks & literacy incentives
- Ordering based on patron requests / needs
Visiting the CAVE
Students and teachers are welcome most anytime, to read, relax, collaborate, tinker in the Makerspace, and more!