2. Type in Student’s user name and password, and then hit “enter”
Additional Renaissance Home Connect Information:
After entering the Renaissance site, you will see “Quizzes, Points, and Book Level.”
The “Quizzes” area will tell you how the student scored on tests that have been taken. You can also see a picture of the book the student has tested on if you click on “view my bookshelf.”
The “Points” area describes how many points that have been earned and how far away the student is from their goal.
The “Book Level” explains the average level of books the student has been tested on.
Underneath “Book Level” you can see how many quizzes the student has taken and how many words the student has read.
On the right side of the screen it shows “5 of 5 correct”…this just means that there were 5 questions and the student got 5 answers correct. The points are determined by how many questions they got correct.
On the bottom right hand corner of the page you will see “AR Book Finder.” Click on open in new window. If you type in the title of a book, AR Book Finder will let you know if there is an AR test that your student can take. For example, if you type in Strega Nona you can see the Quiz No. (6093), the Book Level (BL: 3.9), and how many possible points the student can earn by taking the test (AR 0.5).
Students can use the quiz number to quickly and accurately find the AR test they are looking for. They simply search for the quiz by typing in the quiz number instead of the Title of the book.
A.R. Program Guidelines:
1. All students must test by themselves without using the book.
2. All students must read books and test at their assigned levels.
3. Using movies, videos, or abridged versions of books is not allowed.
4. Testing takes place at school from 7:30 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.; no testing after school will be allowed.
5. Students who are found to be taking tests over books they have not read will be closely monitored and may lose A.R. privileges.
6. For books read at home, parents may need to complete an “A.R. Ready To Test” form (provided by your child’s teacher) prior to taking the test.
· Wii Time: Students reaching each quarter of their personal goal (25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%) while maintaining an average score of at least 80% will be rewarded with Wii Time in the library in the following increments:
25% -- 5 minutes 75% -- 15 minutes (student may bring a friend)
50% -- 10 minutes 100% -- 20 minutes (student may bring a friend)
· AR Celebration Walk: (First semester: December 19; Second semester: May 9) At the end of each semester, students who have reached their AR goal with at least 80% test accuracy will participate in an AR Celebration Walk through the halls of the school.
· Mid-Year Celebration Rotation: (December 19) Students in grades 2-5, who have met their AR goal (25% for 2nd & 50% for grades 3-5) by December 13th, while maintaining an average score of at least 80%, will be invited to attend an AR mid-year celebration. This celebration will include a student rotation through events like popcorn and Wii games in the library, Bingo in the science lab, and computer time in the lab.
· End of Year Celebration Rotation: (May 8th) Students in grades 1-5, who have met 100% of their AR goal by May 2nd, while maintaining an average score of at least 80%, will be invited to attend an AR end-of-year celebration rotation. This celebration will include events much like the mid-year celebration rotation.
· Friday Night Live (FNL): (May 2, 9:00 p.m.-May 3, 7:00a.m.) We will have a final celebration for the top 10% AR students in grades 3-5 (The top 10% of 3rd,top 10% of 4th, top 10% of 5th: by April 25th, @ 2:40 p.m.). These students will be invited to Gattiland (in Round Rock) to eat pizza and play games, then attend a sleep over here at Rowe Lane Elementary!