District Academic Advisory Committee (DAAC) meeting
Every school district in the State of Texas is required to establish a committee that regularly meets to plan for the improvement of student performance. In Pflugerville ISD, this committee is called the District Academic Advisory Council, or DAAC. The role of the DAAC is primarily advisory and consultative in nature, and:
- assists in the development, review, revision of the district plan
- reviews major district-wide classroom instructional programs identified by the Board, Superintendent, or his/her designee
- reviews student performance
- reviews drop-out information
- approves portions of the district plan dealing with teacher training
The DAAC consists of campus-based professional staff, District-level professional staff, parents, businesses, and the community. As required by law, at least 2/3 of the district/campus staff must be classroom teachers.
The DAAC meetings are held in the PfISD District Board Room (1401 W. Pecan Street).